Descript is a powerful AI tool that makes video editing and podcast editing as simple as editing a text document. It transcribes your media files into text that you can then edit to modify your media clips.
It’s fun, easy to use, and offers a host of features for creators. Here are some capabilities of Descript:
- Transcribe media files with accuracy and speed,
- Edit out filler words (such as “ums,” “uhs”, and “you know”) from your recording,
- “Studio Sound” can remove background noise and echo to enhance your audio. You can get studio quality sound in your media files with a click,
- Automatically generate video captions,
- Edit videos as easily as using documents and slides,
- Multitrack audio editing (as simple as a document),
- Capture your screen/webcam, then edit, and share those recordings,
- Repurpose your content into shareable social media clips with its range of templates,
- Host your videos with Descript’s embeddable video player.
Can you use Descript offline? While some Decript features do require an internet connection, you can open and edit your downloaded projects offline. Your changes are synced to the cloud when you’re back online (and have Descript open).
Can you use Descript for free? Yep, the company offers a free plan with up to one hour of transcription hours per month per editor. But access to its features, such as video expert resolution, its stock library, and the like, is also limited.
Descript Pricing: Its “Creator” plan starts at $15 per user per month for up to ten hours of transcription per month. Some of its features, such as “AI Green Screen”, “Studio Sound”, etc. are limited to a few hours.
The “Pro” plan is priced at $30 per month per user, comes without any limits. You can save 20% by paying annually upfront.