As a creator, you’ve lots of tasks at hand. Twenty four hours often don’t feel enough. You try to squeeze in a little more, yet managing your hours seems like an uphill battle.
To help you, I’ve compiled fifty time management quotes so that you can plan and prioritize your day effectively.
Note: This article contains an affiliate link to RescueTime. It means if you sign up using my link, then I earn a commission (at no extra cost to you). I only recommend products that I personally find valuable and enjoy. I appreciate your support!
Ready for time management wisdom from some of the world’s most productive?
Then let’s begin with our quotes about time:
1. “Better three hours too soon, than one minute too late.” –William Shakespeare
2. “It’s not enough to be busy, so are the ants. The question is, what are we busy about?” –Henry David Thoreau
3. “Time is what we want most, but what we use worst.” -William Penn
4. “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.” – Jim Rohn
5. “The shorter way to do many things is to only do one thing at a time.” – Mozart
6. “Ordinary people think merely of spending time. Great people think of using it.” -Unknown
7. “He who every morning plans the transactions of that day and follows that plan carries a thread that will guide him through the labyrinth of the most busy life.” -Victor Hugo
8. “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” –Mother Teresa
9. “Make use of time, let not advantage slip.” –William Shakespeare
10. “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.” -Zig Ziglar
11. “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
12. “This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. “The most efficient way to live reasonably is every morning to make a plan of one’s day and every night to examine the results obtained.” -Alexis Carrel
14. “One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” – Tony Robbins
15. “Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.” -Benjamin Franklin
16. “A man who dares to waste one hour of life has not discovered the value of life.” -Charles Darwin
17. “We all know our money isn’t infinite, yet we end up treating our time and energy and attention as if they are.” -Shane Parrish
18. “Once you have mastered time, you will understand how true it is that most people overestimate what they can accomplish in a year – and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade!” – Tony Robbins
19. “Take care of the minutes and the hours will take care of themselves.” -Lord Chesterfield
20. “To do two things at once is to do neither.” –Publilius Syrus
21. “One cannot manage too many affairs: like pumpkins in the water, one pops up while you try to hold down the other.” -Chinese Proverb
22. “You must vie with time’s swiftness in the speed of using it, and, as from a torrent that rushes by and will not always flow, you must drink quickly.” -Seneca
23. “It’s how we spend our time here and now, that really matters. If you are fed up with the way you have come to interact with time, change it.” -Marica Wieder
24. “The time for action is now. It’s never too late to do something.” -Carl Sandburg
25. “You get to decide where your time goes. You can either spend it moving forward, or you can spend it putting out fires. You decide. And if you don’t decide, others will decide for you.” -Tony Morgan
26. “Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week.” -Anonymus
27. “He who knows most grieves most for wasted time.” –Dante
28. “Whether it’s the best of times or the worst of times, it’s the only time we’ve got.” -Art Buchwald
29. “Time is really the only capital that any human being has, and the only thing he can’t afford to lose.” – Thomas Edison
30. “Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday and avoiding today.” -Wayne Dyer
31. “Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent, and not enough time on what is important.” – Steven Covey
32. “Lost time is never found again.” -Proverb
33. “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln
34. “You may delay, but time will not.” -Benjamin Franklin
35. “A plan is what, a schedule is when. It takes both a plan and a schedule to get things done.” -Peter Turla
36. “I must govern the clock, not be governed by it.” – Golda Meir
37. “You can have it all. Just not all at once.” -Oprah Winfrey
38. “The best time to start was last year. Failing that, today will do.” – Chris Guillebeau
39. “All that really belongs to us is time; even he who has nothing else has that.” -Baltasar Gracian
40. “The essence of self-discipline is to do the important thing rather than the urgent thing.” -Barry Werner
41. “It’s surprising how much free time and productivity you gain when you lose the busyness in your mind.” -Britany Burgunder
42. “Your greatest resource is your time.” -Brian Tracy
43. “One can find time for everything if one is never in a hurry.” -Mikhail Bulgakov
44. “Don’t make the same decision twice. Spend time and thought to make a solid decision the first time so that you don’t revisit the issue unnecessarily.” -Bill Gates
45. “Time is at once the most valuable and the most perishable of all our possessions.” -John Randolph
46. “Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well.” -Louisa May Alcott
47. “Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else.” -Peter F. Drucker
48. “Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely.” -Rodin
49. “The common man is not concerned about the passage of time, the man of talent is driven by it.” -Shoppenhauer
50. “Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. One man gets only a week’s value out of a year while another man gets a full year’s value out of a week.” -Charles Richards
It’s Your Turn To Share Quotes About Time Management!
You need to proactively make better choices about where you spend your time and beat procrastination along the way. Only then can you get the most of every day.
Hope these time management quotes inspired the productivity nerd in you. I recommend you to install RecuseTime to track your time and start taking control of your work day.
Did I leave your favorite time management quote? Then would love to hear from you in the comments below.