“The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing” will go down as one of the best quotes on traditional marketing. But it’s valid for content marketing as well.
Here I present you a list of the best 20 content marketing quotes that will help you to make your way out towards your intentions. Let’s go!
If you ever feel disappointed with the results of your content, then refer to the quote by Andy Crestodina, as it demonstrates that there is nothing that marketing won’t solve.
1. “It’s not the best content that wins. It’s the best promoted content that wins.” – Andy Crestodina
2. “There is no content strategy without measurement strategy. Before embarking on a content initiative, irrespective of medium or platform, it’s important to know what you want to achieve.”- Rebecca Lieb
This strong statement by Rebecca Lieb, extracted from her business management blog published in 2015, will remind you of the basic writing principle of asking yourself, “why am I writing this?”
Yet another quote stated by Ellen Gomes supports the above statement.
3. “One of the best ways to sabotage content is to not tie it to your goals. Know why you’re creating content.”- Ellen Gomes
4. “More content is not better. What’s the worst case scenario if we slow ourselves down and do some analysis?”- Kristina Halvorson.
This quote seems to be specifically designed for upcoming writers because simplicity is the new modesty. We often tend to misguide our audience by providing them with too much content. We feel that it is helping them, but rather it’s only confusing them. To keep your audience engaged and interested in your content, make sure you focus on the quality and not the quantity.
Another recent quote by Kristina Halvorson is a must-read for forthcoming brands who spend days and hours planning marketing strategies.
5. Hey brands. Maybe push pause on the posts for a few hours. Like, read the room.- Kristina Halvorson.
6. “In a sea of mediocre content, a brave tone can be a big differentiator.” – Ann Handley
Mediocrity has always been a part and parcel of human society. The above statement will help you to break the underlying norms of following the footprints of stereotype writing and create an abstract view for the readers.
7. “Real content marketing isn’t repurposed advertising, it is making something worth talking about.” – Seth Godin
In the vogue of refurbished marketing, a strong motive and an intention of impact always stand out.
8. Our job is not to create content. Our job is to change the world of the people who consume it.”- Andrea Fryrear
In simple words, a call to action without an aspiration to change is equal to saying I will exercise from now onwards while munching on a large bite of hamburger stuffed with double cheese.
9. “The only way to win at content marketing is for the reader to say, ‘This was written specifically for me.” – Jamie Turner
The importance of knowing your audience and identifying their needs is what makes you an accomplished marketer.
10. “A lot of marketing funnels out there aren’t suffering from bad writing; they’re suffering from the wrong type of content. As you’ve probably heard before, ‘For every job, there is a tool.’ The same goes for the content in your funnel. Give your funnel the best possible chance of succeeding by outfitting it with the most powerful content for every stage.”- Julia McCoy
All the amateur marketers who are probably stuck on the first step of effective marketing need to look for the missing tool to your content and add fuel by embracing it!
11. Bad writing transfers the burden of understanding onto the reader.- Joe Chernov
In 2019, Joe took his Twitter to convey his thoughts about bad writing and how it affects readers.
Here comes a firm statement by Brian Clark which is quite against marketing and more towards being self-accomplished.
12. These days, people want to learn before they buy, be educated instead of pitched. – Brian Clark
13. Actually talk to your customers. Use the language that they use. Talk about the things they talk about. Never feed salad to a lion. – Jay Acunzo
Feeding a plateful of green salad garnished with delicious toppings to a lion is similar to advising a person in love, they’re never gonna take it. The same goes for your customers. Learn your customers before they leave you.
14. “People don’t buy a product. They buy a better life.”- Henneke Duistermaat
This quote is especially for misleading marketing tactics that have no intention of making an impact, if you cannot convince a person to adopt a better life, then what difference is your product making anyway?
15. “You want to work in marketing? Work on your writing.” – Tina Donati
If you cannot transcribe your thoughts correctly, what are the chances of conveying the exact message to your audience?
Another statement to support the above quote by Tina Donati says that,
16. It’s much easier to do marketing for a business you actually believe in.
Enjoy your work, and your work will automatically love you back.
17. “Good marketing makes the company look smart. Great marketing makes the customer feel smart.” Joe Chernov
This quote explains the importance of understanding the customer, and how they should feel. Making them understand the importance of a product or service, is a powerful promotion tactic that also boosts revenue.
18. “Content marketing is really like a first date. If all you do is talk about yourself, there won’t be a second date.”-David Beebe
A piece of free advice by David Beebe is to ace your relationships with people and for the people.
19. “A brand is no longer what we tell the customers it is – it is what customers tell each other it is.”- Scott Cook
The co-founder of Intuit, Scott Cook, says, don’t run behind customers to pitch about your business, believe in your intentions, and customers will pitch about your business.
20. “Content is king.”- Bill Gates
Last but not least, I would like to incorporate a quote by Bill Gates. This quote is not only a powerhouse to start your content journey but also helps you determine your topic.
21. “Content is the reason search began in the first place.” – Lee Oden
Enjoyed These Content Quotes?
I hope that these bunch of marketing quotes will help you fulfill the hunger to do better in your content marketing career. All the best for your journey!