Are you feeling stuck and can’t come up with new ideas?
Creative work adds value and meaning to a creative person’s life, so I can feel you.
Don’t worry, though.
Today I’ll help you feel inspired again. Through this article let’s introspect on a select few creativity quotes by seasoned and renowned artists, authors, and creative people, and what creating meant to them.
You can write down your favorite quote in a notebook and then free write what the words mean to you. It’s a great method to foster your artistic instincts and rekindle the joy of creation.
So are you ready to get your juices flowing? Here’s the first quote:
1. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have”. – Maya Angelou
2. “Make an empty space in any corner of your mind, and creativity will instantly fill it”. –Dee Hock
3. “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” -Albert Einstein
4. “Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun”. – Mary Lou Cook
5. “Making the simple complicated is commonplace. Making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity”. – Charles Mingus
6. “Don’t think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. You can’t try to do things. You simply must do things.” – Ray Bradbury
7. “The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt”. – Sylvia Plath
8. “As is the case with most people in this game, I am driven by financial motives and creative motives; the question I had to answer is which motive I will give priority to?” -Nipsey Hussle
9. “What keeps life fascinating is the constant creativity of the soul”. – Deepak Chopra
10. “An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail”. – Edwin Land
11. “Creativity involves breaking out of expected patterns in order to look at things in a different way.” – Edward de Bono
12. “Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort”. -Franklin D. Roosevelt
13. “That’s the great secret of creativity. You treat ideas like cats: you make them follow you.” – Ray Bradbury
14. “The chief enemy of creativity is “good” sense”. – Pablo Picasso
15. “Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties.” – Erich Fromm
16. “In order to be creative, you have to be allowed to fail”. -Julie Walters
17. “Creativity doesn’t wait for that perfect moment. It fashions its own perfect moments out of ordinary ones.” -Bruce Garrabrandt
18. “The comfort zone is a great enemy to creativity.” -Dan Stevens
19. “There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life”. – Sophia Loren
20. “There is no innovation and creativity without failure. Period”. -Brene Brown
21. “Anxiety is the handmaiden of creativity.” -T. S. Eliot
22. “Anytime I have an idea, I’ll make sure that I put it down so that when we do sit down to write an album, I don’t have to dream it all out of thin air. I don’t have to be creative on the spur of the moment, or spontaneously artistic. I just take advantage of whenever creativity strikes.” -Neil Peart
23. “Great indeed is the sublimity of the Creative, to which all beings owe their beginning and which permeates all heaven”. -Lao Tzu
24. “I am an artist, you know. It is my right to be odd”. -E.A. Bucchianeri
25. “What if the very reason you were created was to be creative?” -Michelle Dennis Evans
26. “Everyone has a creative impulse, and has the right to create, and should”. -Patti Smith
27. “Everybody has creative potential and from the moment you can express this creative potential, you can start changing the world.” -Paulo Coelho
28. “If it doesn’t sell, it isn’t creative.” -David Ogilvy
29. “One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude.” -Carl Sandburg
30. “Odd how the creative power at once brings the whole universe to order”. -Virginia Woolf
31. “The human spirit lives on creativity and dies in conformity and routine”. -Vilayat Inayat Khan
32. “The society based on production is only productive, not creative”. -Albert Camus
33. “The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination”. -Albert Einstein
34. “Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act, the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything”. -George Lois
35. “Nature is infinitely creative. It is always producing the possibility of new beginnings”. -Marianne Williamson
36. “For a creative writer possession of the ‘truth’ is less important than emotional sincerity”. -George Orwell
37. “The most creative people are motivated by the grandest of problems that are presented before them.” -Neil DeGrasse Tyson
38. “Rational thoughts never drive people’s creativity the way emotions do.” -Neil DeGrasse Tyson
39. “This simple process of focusing on things that are normally taken for granted is a powerful source of creativity”. -Edward De Bono
40. “There’s no one way to be creative. Any old way will work.” -Ray Bradbury
41. “Creativity doesn’t wait for that perfect moment. It fashions its own perfect moments out of ordinary ones.” -Bruce Garrabrandt
42. “The comfort zone is a great enemy to creativity.” -Dan Stevens
43. “There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life”. – Sophia Loren
44. “Routine kills creative thought.” – Scarlett Thomas
45. “Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people.” – Leo Burnett
46. “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while”. – Steve Jobs
47. “Creativity is a wild mind and a disciplined eye.” – Dorothy Parker
Want To Share Your Favorite Quotes On Creativity?
Then go ahead and use the comments box below. Look forward to reading them. Also, don’t forget to check out the writing quotes for more such inspiration!
Last Updated on